[Numpy-discussion] Strange crash in numpy.linalg.lstsq.

Mon Aug 17 14:12:06 CDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 11:42 AM, Jonathan Taylor <
jonathan.taylor@utoronto.ca> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am getting a strange crash in numpy.linalg.lstsq.  I have put the code
> that causes the crash along with two data files on my website at:
>
> http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~jtaylor/crash/<http://www.cs.toronto.edu/%7Ejtaylor/crash/>
>
> I would be interested to know if this bug can be duplicated and/or if
> anyone has any suggestions as to why:

Usually these problems are due to ATLAS. If you are using ATLAS, what is
your OS/distribution? What hardware are you running on? Did you build ATLAS
yourself?

Chuck