[Numpy-discussion] Strange crash in numpy.linalg.lstsq.

Mon Aug 17 15:38:21 CDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 1:43 PM, Jonathan Taylor <
jonathan.taylor@utoronto.ca> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using a computer that is administered.  It is an intel Ubuntu box
> and came with an ATLAS compiled.  I thus compiled my own numpy1.3.0
> against that ATLAS.
>
> I was thinking about recompiling ATLAS myself.  This machine only has
> g77 and not gfortran on it.  Will that still work?

As long as everything is consistent it should. Ubuntu has had some issues
with ATLAS and I suspect that is what you are seeing. David Cournapeau could
tell you more.

Chuck