[Numpy-discussion] Strange crash in numpy.linalg.lstsq.

Keith Goodman kwgoodman@gmail....
Mon Aug 17 16:03:54 CDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 1:50 PM, Jonathan
Taylor<jonathan.taylor@utoronto.ca> wrote:
> I compiled lapack and atlas from scratch using g77 but now
> numpy.test() hangs when I try to use any numpy functionality.  I think
> I saw someone else write about this.  Is this a common problem?

Yes, it seems common. I know of 4 recent ATLAS builds (including mine
but not yours) that have failed on 32 bit systems. The recent
successes I have seen (including mine) have been on 64 bit systems.
But maybe 32/64 bit has nothing to do with it. I am sure there are
many 32 bit systems running a self-compiled ATLAS just fine.

Oh, you crash on any numpy functionality? I only crashed on ATLAS type problems.