[Numpy-discussion] what to do with chararray

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Thu Aug 20 11:23:27 CDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 09:18, Ralf Gommers<ralf.gommers@googlemail.com> wrote:
> [this discussion moved here from the SciPy list]
>
> On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 9:50 AM, Christopher Hanley <chanley@stsci.edu>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'd like to respectfully request that we move any discussion of what
>> to do with the numpy.char module to the numpy list.
>>
>> I'm a little concerned about some of the assumptions that are being
>> made about the number of users of the module.
>
> My assumption about there being few users of chararray is based on the
> absence of questions about it being asked on the list, the lack of docs and
> the apparent lack of a good use-case. Plus "who uses this?" has been asked
> twice on the list, and in both cases you (Chris) were the only one replying.

In particular, Chris, do you know anyone who uses chararray? Do you
think you could convince them to write a few docstrings or contribute
a couple of examples?

Does anyone know anyone who uses chararray?

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco