[Numpy-discussion] Removing scipy.stsci was [Re: [SciPy-dev] Deprecate chararray [was Plea for help]]

Stéfan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Thu Aug 20 18:48:21 CDT 2009

Hi Chris

2009/8/20 Christopher Hanley <chanley@stsci.edu>:
> That should clean some code up.  If someday a generic image processing
> library is added to scipy we can consider incorporating our modules
> back into scipy.  Until that time I would rather remove the
> redundancy.  It also help scipy's maintainability and frees me from
> having to worry about a fork in the code developing.

We'll be spriting on an Image Processing Scikit this weekend.  If you
have any functions you'd like to include, let me know.

Regards
Stéfan