[Numpy-discussion] problem with numpy.distutils and Cython

Nicolas Pinto nicolas.pinto@gmail....
Sun Aug 23 02:27:28 CDT 2009

Hello,

I'm trying to use numpy.distutils and Cython in a setup.py but I'm running
into some problems.

The following code raises a "AttributeError: fcompiler" when I run "python
setup.py install" (it runs smoothly with "python setup.py build_ext
--inplace"):

from numpy.distutils.core import setup, Extension
from Cython.Distutils import build_ext
ext_modules = [Extension("test", ["test.pyx"])]
setup(cmdclass = {'build_ext': build_ext}, ext_modules = ext_modules)

Whereas the following works in both cases:

from Cython.Distutils import build_ext
ext_modules = [Extension("test", ["test.pyx"])]
setup(cmdclass = {'build_ext': build_ext}, ext_modules = ext_modules)

Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help.

Best,

--
Nicolas Pinto
Ph.D. Candidate, Brain & Computer Sciences