[Numpy-discussion] Three bugs fixed

Thu Dec 3 16:20:43 CST 2009

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 3:13 PM, Travis Oliphant <oliphant@enthought.com>wrote:

> On Dec 3, 2009, at 3:47 PM, Charles R Harris wrote:
>

> On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 2:07 PM, Travis Oliphant <oliphant@enthought.com>wrote:
>

>> Thanks to the reporters of tickets  #1108, #1197 (similar to #1279), and
>> #1222.
>>
>> Pointing out these problems allowed me to find and squash two subtle
>> memory leaks and one just plain stupid bug lurking in reduce-at (when using
>> the buffered internal loop).
>>
>> I think I fixed the problems.  I added a test for #1108, but  I don't have
>> good tests for the memory leak fixes.    I'm not sure how to write a good
>> test for those.
>>
>> Even though it may take several months to get to the tickets with my
>> limited time, please do continue to report problems.   I'm hoping to have
>> more time for NumPy next year.
>>

> Good job! Nice to have the reduceat bug tracked down. Now for some nits ;)
>

> Thanks for keeping the code clean.
>
> O.K.  I can commit to the trunk first.
>
> How do I see what the build-bot machines are giving errors on.  I'd like to
> try and fix the bus errors if possible while I'm thinking about it?

I like the waterfall view
http://buildbot.scipy.org/waterfall?show_events=false, it doesn't
automatically update though, so you need to refresh it now and then. The
root page is at http://buildbot.scipy.org/. Mind, the SPARC machines take
10-15 minutes to complete on a good day. If you hit the stdio link on the
waterfall display for a machine you can view the test output.

I expect the bus error is from the starting index fix.

Chuck