[Numpy-discussion] Three bugs fixed

Travis Oliphant oliphant@enthought....
Thu Dec 3 17:25:46 CST 2009

On Dec 3, 2009, at 4:26 PM, Charles R Harris wrote:

> I like the waterfall view http://buildbot.scipy.org/waterfall?show_events=false
> , it doesn't automatically update though, so you need to refresh it
> now and then. The root page is at http://buildbot.scipy.org/. Mind,
> the SPARC machines take 10-15 minutes to complete on a good day. If
> you hit the stdio link on the waterfall display for a machine you
> can view the test output.
>
> I expect the bus error is from the starting index fix.

I'm not sure which fix that was.   The bus errors started when I added
the test for #1299.  I also fixed the test with the reduceat bug in
that same checkin, but the SPARC build machines are reporting a bus
error in testing #1299.

I'm not sure where the bus error is occurring in that code exactly
(i.e. the test wasn't being run before my fix so it could have exposed
a bus error earlier --- obviously I need to play better with the build-
bots than I am doing).

A likely candidate though is the PyArray_Item_INCREF  call (though it
uses the new copy-object-before-refcount-changes  semantics).

-Travis