[Numpy-discussion] Help to port numpy to python3?

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Sun Dec 6 08:52:30 CST 2009

su, 2009-12-06 kello 15:37 +0100, Xavier Gnata kirjoitti:
> Is there a way to help to port numpy to python3?

If you want to write some code, check
http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/browser/trunk/doc/Py3K.txt

> I don't thing I have time to rewrite some code but I can test whatever
> has to be tested. Is there an official web page showing the status of
> this port?

Otherwise, you can help by:

1) Build Numpy SVN on Python 2.6

   Run all kinds of software that use Numpy, and see if there are new
   bugs as compared to Numpy 1.4.0 or 1.3.0.

   The Py3 transition involves a large amount of changes in the C code,
   and it's easy to miss out some subtle issues.

2) Figure out how to test the PEP 3118 buffer interface on Python 2.6
   and Python 3.1

   Write unit tests for it.

The Py3K.txt is pretty much the status report as we have now.

> Same question from scipy?

Work on Scipy can begin only after most of Numpy works on Py3.

--
Pauli Virtanen