[Numpy-discussion] Some incompatibilities in numpy trunk

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Sun Dec 6 13:12:52 CST 2009

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 07:53, Gael Varoquaux
<gael.varoquaux@normalesup.org> wrote:
> I have a lot of code that has stopped working with my latest SVN pull to
> numpy.
>
> * Some compiled code yields an error looking like (from memory):
>
>    "incorrect type 'numpy.ndarray'"
>
> Rebuilding it is sufficient.

Is this Cython or Pyrex code? Unfortunately Pyrex checks the size of
types exactly such that even if you extend the type in a backwards
compatible way, it will raise that exception. This behavior has been
inherited by Cython. I have asked for this feature to be removed, or
at least turned into a >= check, but it got no traction.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco