[Numpy-discussion] Release blockers for 1.4.0 ?

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Tue Dec 8 09:49:05 CST 2009

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 10:21 AM, David Cournapeau <cournape@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 12:10 AM, Bruce Southey <bsouthey@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I understand the reason for the masked arrays behavior but changing the
>> seterr default will be a problem until ma is changed. With Python 2.6 and
>> numpy '1.4.0.dev7750', the current default works but fails when changing the
>> seterr default.
>
> The default was warn, and not raise. Raise as a default does not make
> much sense.

There are no problems with 'warn', running scipy.stats.test() just
prints a lot of underflow, zero division,.. warnings but ends with
zero failures, zero errors. It only adds a bit of noise to the test
output.

Josef