[Numpy-discussion] Release blockers for 1.4.0 ?

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Tue Dec 8 10:12:41 CST 2009

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 12:57 AM, Pauli Virtanen <pav@iki.fi> wrote:

> Also, some code that worked OK before would now start to spit out extra
> warnings, which is not so nice.

Hm, there are several things mixed up in this discussion, I feel like
we are not talking about exactly the same thing:
 - I am talking about setting the default back as before, which was
warn and not print AFAIK. This means that things like np.log(0) will
"raise" a proper warning, which can be filtered globally if wanted.
Same for np.array([1]) / 0, etc... no stderr is involved AFAICS for
simple examples
  - Because warns are involved, they will only appear once per
exception type and origin

Once this is understood, if you still think it should not be the
default for 1.4.0, I will not cherry-pick it for 1.4.x.

David