[Numpy-discussion] Cython issues w/ 1.4.0

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Tue Dec 8 11:16:06 CST 2009

ti, 2009-12-08 kello 12:12 -0500, Darren Dale kirjoitti:
> On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 12:02 PM, Pauli Virtanen <pav+sp@iki.fi> wrote:
> > Sun, 06 Dec 2009 14:53:58 +0100, Gael Varoquaux wrote:
> >> I have a lot of code that has stopped working with my latest SVN pull to
> >> numpy.
> >>
> >> * Some compiled code yields an error looking like (from memory):
> >>
> >>     "incorrect type 'numpy.ndarray'"
> >
> > This, by the way, also affects the 1.4.x branch. Because of the datetime
> > branch merge, a new field was added to ArrayDescr -- and this breaks
> > previously compiled Cython modules.
>
> Will the datetime changes effect other previously-compiled python
> modules, like PyQwt?

For those modules that explicitly check the sizeof of various C
structures.

For other modules, I'd expect there be no consequences, as the new
fields were added to the end of the struct.

--
Pauli Virtanen