[Numpy-discussion] numpy distutils breaks scipy install on mac

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Tue Dec 8 17:56:51 CST 2009

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 6:47 AM, Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com> wrote:

> Right. The -arch flag was added by Apple to GCC and their patch really
> should be applied to all builds of GCC compilers for the Mac. It is
> deeply disappointing that Fink ignored this. The only Mac gfortran
> build that I can recommend is here:
>
>  http://r.research.att.com/tools/
>
> _can_target() should be fixed to be more accurate, though, so if you
> find a patch that works for you, please let us know.

Damn, I thought I fixed all remaining issues by testing with a
custom-built gfortran, but it seems that every gfortran variation
likes to behave differently...

I will install fink and fix _can_target accordingly

David