[Numpy-discussion] Impossibility to build nipy on recent numpy?

Matthew Brett matthew.brett@gmail....
Wed Dec 9 15:36:54 CST 2009

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 4:31 PM, Gael Varoquaux
<gael.varoquaux@normalesup.org> wrote:
> In the nipy project, we have cython-generated C files checked in.
> With the latest numpy I get the following run-time failure:
>
> "/home/varoquau/dev/nipy-trunk/nipy/neurospin/register/iconic_matcher.py",
> line 6, in <module>
>    from routines import _joint_histogram, _similarity,
> similarity_measures
>  File "numpy.pxi", line 74, in nipy.neurospin.register.routines
> (nipy/neurospin/register/routines.c:6042)
> ValueError: numpy.dtype does not appear to be the correct type object

Er - I've had this error in the past, but as far as I remember it is
always because I am somehow picking up a fragment of the wrong numpy
C-API.  Usual steps (delete site-packages/numpy maybe
site-packages/scipy, <numpy_svn>/build <scipy_svn>/build, rebuild and
install, then remove site-packages/nipy <nipy-dev>/build if necessary,
or all traces of inplace build, then try again?

See you,

Matthew