[Numpy-discussion] Impossibility to build nipy on recent numpy?

Wed Dec 9 15:40:02 CST 2009

On Wed, Dec 09, 2009 at 04:36:54PM -0500, Matthew Brett wrote:
> > "/home/varoquau/dev/nipy-trunk/nipy/neurospin/register/iconic_matcher.py",
> > line 6, in <module>
> >    from routines import _joint_histogram, _similarity,
> > similarity_measures
> >  File "numpy.pxi", line 74, in nipy.neurospin.register.routines
> > (nipy/neurospin/register/routines.c:6042)
> > ValueError: numpy.dtype does not appear to be the correct type object

> Er - I've had this error in the past, but as far as I remember it is
> always because I am somehow picking up a fragment of the wrong numpy
> C-API.  Usual steps (delete site-packages/numpy maybe
> site-packages/scipy, <numpy_svn>/build <scipy_svn>/build, rebuild and
> install, then remove site-packages/nipy <nipy-dev>/build if necessary,
> or all traces of inplace build, then try again?

I did that quite a few times. Maybe I am forgetting to clean up
something. I do the following for numpy/scipy/nipy (using zsh extended
glob):

rm -rf build **/*.o **/*.so **/*.a
python setup.py build_ext --inplace

Yes, nipy has a '.a'.