[Numpy-discussion] Proposal for matrix_rank function in numpy

Wed Dec 16 13:16:12 CST 2009

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 02:13:08PM -0500, Matthew Brett wrote:
> I'm happy to write the doctests as tests.   My feeling is there is no
> objection to this function at the moment, so it would be reasonable,
> unless I hear otherwise, to commit to SVN.

I have one small comment: I am really happy to see you working on this
function. It will be very useful, and its great to have it in a
generaly-available package. However, I wonder whether it belongs to
numpy.linalg, or scipy.linalg. I was under the impression that we should
direct users who have linalg problems to scipy, as it can do much more.

My 2 cents,

Gaël