[Numpy-discussion] dot function or dot notation, matrices, arrays?

Wayne Watson sierra_mtnview@sbcglobal....
Fri Dec 18 15:51:33 CST 2009

Is it possible to calculate a dot product in numpy by either notation
(a ^ b, where ^ is a possible notation) or calling a dot function
(dot(a,b)? I'm trying to use a column matrix for both "vectors".
Perhaps, I need to somehow change them to arrays?

             "... humans'innate skills with numbers isn't much
              better than that of rats and dolphins."
                       -- Stanislas Dehaene, neurosurgeon

                    Web Page: <www.speckledwithstars.net/>