[Numpy-discussion] Proposal for matrix_rank function in numpy

David Warde-Farley dwf@cs.toronto....
Fri Dec 18 16:17:49 CST 2009

Hi Gael,

On 16-Dec-09, at 2:16 PM, Gael Varoquaux wrote:

> I was under the impression that we should
> direct users who have linalg problems to scipy, as it can do much
> more.

I agree about pushing users in that direction, but I think that's
mostly a consequence of all the wrapped Fortran routines that already
exist there. If this thing can be implemented in a short Python
function I don't see the harm in having it in NumPy.

David