[Numpy-discussion] cos -- NameError: global name 'cos' is not defined

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Mon Dec 21 13:46:51 CST 2009

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 13:44, Wayne Watson
<sierra_mtnview@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Yes, one can get both sin and cos via the interactive shell, if math is
> imported as you have done.
> However, I thought math itself always present to a program module?

No.

> In
> my program, sin exists but not cos, so one is forced to use math.cos().
> Why one but not the other?

Presumably you have imported it somewhere. Please show your program,
and we may be able to point it out to you.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco