[Numpy-discussion] [ANN] numpy 1.4.0 rc2

Bruce Southey bsouthey@gmail....
Wed Dec 23 08:54:53 CST 2009

On 12/22/2009 09:53 PM, David Cournapeau wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 12:50 AM, Bruce Southey<bsouthey@gmail.com>  wrote:
>

>> This still crashes Python 2.7 with the test_multiarray.TestIO.test_ascii.
>>
> Could you file a ticket next time ? I could not follow closely the
> discussion the last week or so, and although I saw the crash, I missed
> it was discussed already.
>
> thanks,
>
> David

Sorry,
Ticket 1345
http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/1345

I added patches for the 1.4 rc2 version and a patch for the SVN version.

I only tested the 1.4 branch on Python 2.7 after you announced it
because I follow the SVN. It was also somewhat confusing because a fix
is was in the SVN version except that it needed to include Python 2.7.
(This was due to the Python 3 support that was added since the 1.4 branch.)

Some of the Python 3.1 features have been backported to Python 2.7 which
will help with some of the porting to Python 3. For that reason, I would
suggest that release notes indicate that Python 2.7 support is
experimental - especially as Python 2.7 has only had one alpha release
and the expected final release is 2010-06-26.

Bruce