[Numpy-discussion] Numpy 1.3 release date ?

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Wed Feb 4 03:04:38 CST 2009

Wed, 04 Feb 2009 11:04:25 +0900, David Cournapeau wrote:
[clip]
> Talking about the things I have worked on for 1.3, I did not have the
> time to finish everything. The things which I would like to be done
> before a 1.3.0 release are:
>  - fix formatting issues that Pauli and me worked on (for locale
> independence and all): I believe it is mostly a matter of merging the
> changes in the trunk, and testing. Pauli, do you agree ?

Agree, I think it should be OK, and IIRC tests passed also on Windows
(well, Wine to be accurate). I don't recall anything more that would be
required to do.

It might be nice also to address this wart:
http://scipy.org/scipy/numpy/ticket/883 for Numpy 1.3. But it's a
separate issue from the locale and formatting problems.

Pauli