[Numpy-discussion] Selection of only a certain number of fields

Pierre GM pgmdevlist@gmail....
Thu Feb 5 18:37:19 CST 2009

On Feb 5, 2009, at 6:08 PM, Travis E. Oliphant wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been fairly quiet on this list for awhile due to work and family
> schedule, but I think about how things can improve regularly.    One
> feature that's been requested by a few people is the ability to select
> multiple fields from a structured array.

> [...]

+1 for #2.

Note that we now have a drop_fields function in np.lib.recfunctions, a
reimplementation of the equivalent function in matplotlib. It works
along the lines of your proposition #1 (create a new array w/ a new
dtype and fill it)