[Numpy-discussion] PEP: named axis

Darren Dale dsdale24@gmail....
Fri Feb 6 11:53:09 CST 2009

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 12:09 PM, Christopher Barker
<Chris.Barker@noaa.gov>wrote:

> Darren Dale wrote:
> > I have a package (nearly ready to
> > submit to this list for request for comment) that uses a dict subclass
> > to describe the dimensionality of a quantity, like {m:1, s:-1}.
>
> I'm looking forward to that -- you may have just saved me a bunch of
> coding!

There is an alpha available at packages.python.org/quantities, and a
development site at launchpad.net/python-quantities . There is a link to a
mailing list at the launchpad site as well. I think there is still a couple
weekends worth of effort on documentation, unit testing, and ufuncs before
it is really ready for further discussion here.

Darren