[Numpy-discussion] preferred numpy build system

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net@gmail....
Sat Feb 7 12:55:19 CST 2009

> I see. I think it's a bit confusing that one needs to build a new
> build system just to build numpy, e.g. that both distutils and scons
> are not good enough.

I would not say that numscons is a *new* build system.  Rather, I look
at numscons as a glue layer that allows scons to be used within
distutils for building extensions and libraries.
distutils/numpy/distutils does things that scons doesn't and scons
does things that distutils doesn't.  But you definitely need the glue
layer to use both approaches together.

Cheers,

Brian