[Numpy-discussion] [SciPy-user] Numpy 1.2.1 and Scipy 0.7.0; Ubuntu packages

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Wed Feb 11 20:17:22 CST 2009

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 8:11 AM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 4:46 AM, David Cournapeau <cournape@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I started to set up a PPA for scipy on launchpad, which enables to
>> build ubuntu packages for various distributions/architectures. The
>> link is there:
>>
>> https://edge.launchpad.net/~scipy/+archive/ppa
>
> Cool, thanks.  Is it easy to provide also hardy packages, or does it
> require a lot of work on your part?

Unfortunately, it does require some work, because hardy uses g77
instead of gfortran, so the source package has to be different (once
hardy is done, all the one below would be easy, though). I am not sure
how to do that with PPA (the doc is not great).

cheers,

David