[Numpy-discussion] [SciPy-user] Numpy 1.2.1 and Scipy 0.7.0; Ubuntu packages

Andrew Straw strawman@astraw....
Thu Feb 12 02:07:02 CST 2009

Fernando Perez wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 6:17 PM, David Cournapeau <cournape@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately, it does require some work, because hardy uses g77
>> instead of gfortran, so the source package has to be different (once
>> hardy is done, all the one below would be easy, though). I am not sure
>> how to do that with PPA (the doc is not great).
>
> OK, thanks for the info.  This is already very useful.

What exactly is the expected problem and how would I verify that I'm not
getting hit by it?

The context is that I have built your packages on Hardy and got no FTBFS
errors in a clean sbuild machine and was about to upload this to my
lab's repo but saw your email. (Also, I have been using scipy
0.7.0rc2-ish apparently descended from the same Debian source package as
yours for a couple weeks and have noted no problems of late.) "nosetest
scipy" on an amd64 with lots of installed packages shows:

Ran 3211 tests in 356.572s

FAILED (SKIP=13, errors=9)

Where the errors are all known failures.

The same test on the i386 sbuild shows:

Ran 3211 tests in 312.464s

FAILED (SKIP=16, errors=204)

Most of the failures appear to be from weave/scxx and I suspect have to
do with some package not being installed -- if that's true, it's
probably a packaging bug and not a scipy bug.