[Numpy-discussion] Purpose for bit-wise and'ing the initial mersenne twister key?

Michael S. Gilbert michael.s.gilbert@gmail....
Fri Feb 13 10:17:55 CST 2009

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 17:04:48 +0100 Sturla Molden wrote:
> So you have a simulation written in *Python*, and the major bottleneck
> is the MT prng? Forgive me for not believing it.

Yes, running a lot of monte carlo simulations back-to-back.  if the
PRNG were twice as fast, my code would be twice as fast.  It isn't that
unbelievable...

Honestly, I don't feel like arguing about this anymore.  Its a matter
of "show me the code," and when I have the time, I will "show you the
code."