[Numpy-discussion] Sphinx custom extension mess, and patches

Mon Feb 16 17:21:06 CST 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 12:17:17AM +0100, Georg Brandl wrote:
> I'm all for it.  In the case of autosummary, I'm guilty of not getting it
> in sooner.  This will change soon.  In other cases, I don't even know of
> the extension, probably because those who write it deem it as too
> project-specific to contribute it.

> I don't ask for too much if an extension is contributed, so by all means
> do at least post about your extensions!

I am not blaming anyone, just pointing out a non ideal situation. It has
already improved a lot with the matplotlib guys and the scipy guys
merging some changes in extensions and publishing the extensions in an
importable part of their source tree.

It is true that I'll be happier when I will be able to import the
only_directive, and the auto_summary from sphinx :).

Thanks for your great work,

Gaël