[Numpy-discussion] Warnings in current trunk

Wed Feb 18 00:37:17 CST 2009

Charles R Harris wrote:

> Oh, and this should be avoided:
>
>         if (endptr != NULL) *endptr = (char*)p;
>
> Folks have different views about whether the single statement should
> be in brackets but no one recommends putting it on the same line as
> the if. It's too easy to overlook and habit draws the eye to the
> following line.

That's not my code, so I did not want to change those, but I agree with
you here (I prefer explicit brackets personally, but that's not mandated
in the python code-style IIRC). There are a lot of those in numpy code,
so if one want to change them, one should change them for good.

cheers,

David