[Numpy-discussion] Call for testing: full blas/lapack builds of numpy on windows 64 bits

Bruce Southey bsouthey@gmail....
Fri Feb 27 16:01:59 CST 2009

Nathan Bell wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 2:33 PM, David Cournapeau <cournape@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Great, thanks. Do you have VS installed ? Did you install python for
>> all users (I would guess so, but I am not yet clear on all the details
>> on that matter).
>>

> I do not have VS installed.  I just downloaded the official Python
> 2.6.1 msi installer and blindly clicked 'next' a few times.  I then
> installed nose from the source .tar.gz.
>
> Python was installed to C:\Python26\, which I assume means all users.

Hi,
After much frustration and disabling my antivirus software (McAfee), I
was able to get the 'import numpy' to work and tests to pass as
expected. Of course after turning it back on and restarting the IDLE gui
a few times, the 'import numpy' crashes. This also happens on the
command line.

This is clearly related to the antivirus software because enabling or
disabling the 'on-access scan' is usually sufficient to failure import
failure or success, respectively. Perhaps some thing to do with MinGW on
Vista?

I am running an Intel Quad system (QX6700) with Vista Business with
service pack 1 - I don't think VS is installed.

Bruce