[Numpy-discussion] Call for testing: full blas/lapack builds of numpy on windows 64 bits

Bruce Southey bsouthey@gmail....
Sat Feb 28 21:26:17 CST 2009

On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 12:57 PM, David Cournapeau <cournape@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 7:01 AM, Bruce Southey <bsouthey@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> After much frustration and disabling my antivirus software (McAfee), I
>> was able to get the 'import numpy' to work and tests to pass as
>> expected. Of course after turning it back on and restarting the IDLE gui
>> a few times, the 'import numpy' crashes. This also happens on the
>> command line.
>
> Hm, let's assume this is a problem of the anti virus software, and not
> from mingw :) One way to test this would be to see if a binary built
> with VS 2008 would cause the same trouble.

Or just a Vista bug.

A possible option could be using wine64
(http://wiki.winehq.org/Wine64) . But is probably more work and if
even if it did work it may not be informative.