[Numpy-discussion] building numpy/scipy

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Fri Jan 2 23:19:11 CST 2009

On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 12:10 PM, Mike Landis <mlandis001@comcast.net> wrote:
> Maybe the reason I'm having trouble is that I'm trying to get it
> working on Windows, when almost everyone else is running on Linux?

It is true that most developers use some sort of unix (linux, mac os
X), but we definitely try to make sure it works as well on windows
natively (e.g. without cygwin or any other kind of emulation). But
windows being windows, the only way to make that happen in finite
amount of time is to distribute binaries only (the so called
superpack) - if you are new to python development, you can't expect
being able to build from sources in ten minutes. But you can if you
use the binaries.

David