[Numpy-discussion] change made to test_print.py

Stéfan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Fri Jan 9 01:51:03 CST 2009

2009/1/9 Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com>:
> On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 01:19, Stéfan van der Walt <stefan@sun.ac.za> wrote:
>
>> I think we should urge developers to run the test suite this way, so
>> that we remain aware of failures, even if they are decorated.
>
> I don't think we should use unit tests as a bug tracker. We have Trac.
> Each known-failing test (or group of related tests) should have a
> ticket prioritized and scheduled appropriately.

Yup.  Point is, an implementation comes with tests, and sometimes
those tests break.  We then have two choices: remove the tests or mark
them as known failures.  Since they are meant to indicate regressions,
it would make little sense to remove them, hence these decorators.  My
suggestion was to use the --no-skip flag to make these decorators
invisible to the developers, lest failures be forgotten.

Stéfan