[Numpy-discussion] Replacement for numpy.distutils.config.try_run

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Fri Jan 9 03:30:01 CST 2009

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 03:27, Stéfan van der Walt <stefan@sun.ac.za> wrote:
> 2009/1/9 Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com>:
>> try_run() is not the right thing to call for such a purpose. Use
>> FCompiler.get_version().
>
> That was just an example.  What I want to do is run something like
> "pkg-config blah" and parse the output, but I get the idea from
> David's post that that is OK.

But that's not what try_run() does. Use exec_command() for general
purpose running of programs. try_run() compiles a program from source
and runs the result.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."