[Numpy-discussion] coding style: citations

Alan G Isaac aisaac@american....
Tue Jan 13 08:31:09 CST 2009

On 1/12/2009 2:35 AM Stéfan van der Walt apparently wrote:
> We automatically renumber the citations to take care of this.

But this just creates a different inconsistency:
different numbers refer to the same article, and
additionally that article citation might be formatted in
so many different ways that it is difficult to determine
that it is in fact the same article.

There really is no substitute for using real cite keys
and a central database of citations.

Alan Isaac