[Numpy-discussion] ndarray.resize method and reference counting

Scott Sinclair scott.sinclair.za@gmail....
Tue Jan 13 08:45:36 CST 2009

I thought it was a self contained snippet ;-)

Here's another attempt that shows "_" is the cause of my confusion.

>>> import numpy as np
>>> x = np.eye(3)
>>> x
array([[ 1.,  0.,  0.],
       [ 0.,  1.,  0.],
       [ 0.,  0.,  1.]])
>>> x.resize((5,5))
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ValueError: cannot resize an array that has been referenced or is referencing
another array in this way.  Use the resize function
>>> _
array([[ 1.,  0.,  0.],

Thanks for the help,
Scott