[Numpy-discussion] remove need for site.cfg on default

Jarrod Millman millman@berkeley....
Wed Jan 14 01:21:26 CST 2009

Due to the fact that I was tired of adding site.cfg to scipy and numpy
when building on Fedora and Ubuntu systems as well as a scipy ticket
(http://scipy.org/scipy/numpy/ticket/985), I decided to try and add
default system paths to numpy.distutils.  You can find out more
details on this ticket:
  http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scipy/ticket/817

I would like to have as many people test this as possible.  So I would
like everyone, who has had to build numpy/scipy with a site.cfg
despite having installed all the dependencies in the system default
locations, to test this.  If you would please update to the numpy
trunk and build numpy and scipy without your old site.cfg.  Regardless
of whether it works or not, I would appreciate it if you could let me
know.

Thanks,
Jarrod