[Numpy-discussion] python numpy code many times slower than c++

Neal Becker ndbecker2@gmail....
Tue Jan 20 20:09:28 CST 2009

I tried a little experiment, implementing some code in numpy (usually I
build modules in c++ to interface to python).  Since these operations are
all large vectors, I hoped it would be reasonably efficient.

The code in question is simple.  It is a model of an amplifier, modeled by
it's AM/AM and AM/PM characteristics.

The function in question is the __call__ operator.  The test program plots a
spectrum, calling this operator 1024 times each time with a vector of 4096.

Any ideas?  The code is not too big, so I'll try to attach it.