[Numpy-discussion] python numpy code many times slower than c++

Ravi lists_ravi@lavabit....
Wed Jan 21 08:37:36 CST 2009

Hi Neal,

On Wednesday 21 January 2009 07:27:04 Neal Becker wrote:
> It might if I had used this for all of my c++ code, but I have a big
> library of c++ wrapped code that doesn't use pyublas.  Pyublas takes numpy
> objects from python and allows the use of c++ ublas on it (without
> conversion).
>
> Most of my code doesn't use numpy, it uses plain ublas to represent
> vectors, and ublas handles storage.  I can only interface to/from numpy
> with conversion.

I pointed out my code to you on c++-sig[1] a while back that solves precisely
this problem. You found a bug with memory management that I fixed in the
updated code. Does that still not work for you?

Regards,
Ravi

[1] http://mail.python.org/pipermail/cplusplus-sig/2008-October/013825.html