[Numpy-discussion] python numpy code many times slower than c++

Hanni Ali hanni.ali@gmail....
Thu Jan 22 01:46:11 CST 2009

I have been using your profiler extensively and it has contributed to my
achieving significant improvements in the application I work on largely due
to the usefulness of the line by line breakdown enabling me to easily select
the next part of code to work on optimizing. So firstly many thanks for
writing it.

However back to my point, Wes, I have also experienced timing oddities, in
particular on Virtual machines (MS Hyper-V has very poor processor timings,
the older MS VM works fine though). I believe the negative timings arise
when the CPU (be it virtual or possibly physical) deviates from its standard
performance or rather the initial timer unit taken, would this make sense to
you Robert?

Hanni