[Numpy-discussion] coding style: citations

Alan G Isaac aisaac@american....
Fri Jan 23 10:58:36 CST 2009

Tim Michelsen wrote:
> did you already come to a conclusion regarding this cite topic?
> Did you try to run the bibtext extension for Sphinx?
> If so, please update the documentation guidelines.

I hope we reached agreement that the documentation
should use reST citations and not reST footnotes.
You can use bib4txt to process *all* the modules Sphinx will
process and extract the citation references and construct
a references.  I explained why it is undesirable to use
`+` or `:` in the citation references.

I am not currently a Sphinx user.
What I can offer is to make useful changes
to bibstuff (including bib4txt) if these
are specfied.

Alan Isaac