[Numpy-discussion] Ironclad 0.8 released
Thu Jan 29 05:43:48 CST 2009
I'm delighted to announce the release of Ironclad v0.8 -- the
all-singing, all-dancing CPython API compatibility layer for IronPython
-- available now from http://code.google.com/p/ironclad/ . Notable
improvements over the last release include:
* Ironclad is now a neatly self-contained package -- just copy to your
site-packages and 'import ironclad'.
* No more silly requirement to call ironclad.shutdown() when you're
* A few performance improvements.
* Over 900 NumPy tests now pass: in fact, almost all the tests from the
core, fft, lib, linalg, ma, oldnumeric and random subpackages.
* Over half the .pyds distributed with CPython 2.5 now import cleanly;
some of them appear to actually work, including _hashlib and _elementtree.
Ironclad grows more stable and mature with every release, and I urge
IronPython users to try it out and share their impressions: feedback,
whether positive or negative, is always welcomed.
More information about the Numpy-discussion