[Numpy-discussion] using numpy functions on an array of objects

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Fri Jan 30 15:05:55 CST 2009

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 13:18, Christopher Barker <Chris.Barker@noaa.gov> wrote:
> I think you want to subclass an ndarray here. It's a bit tricky to so,
> but if you look in the wiki and these mailing list archives, you'll find
> advise on how to do it.

That still won't work. numpy.linalg.inv() simply does a particular
algorithm on float and complex arrays and nothing else.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco