[Numpy-discussion] Numpy complex types, packing and C99

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Thu Jul 2 14:44:16 CDT 2009

On 2009-07-02, David Cournapeau <cournape@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think I will merge the complex_umath_tests branch soon
> (platform-specific failures on build bot will be interesting), unless
> someone sees a problem with it.

I think we tried this already (my c99-umath-funcs branch had
TestC99 special case tests that were in Numpy trunk for a while).

The outcome was that the current implementations of the complex
functions don't have essentially any special-case behavior that's
consistent across different platforms. And our buildbot coverage
is not large enough, so users will report failing tests even if
buildbots are OK... After repeating this cycle a couple of times,
IIRC only some special cases of log survived :)

Of course, if you meant to merge the tests first to the new
implementations and that to trunk, this sounds better.

--
Pauli Virtanen