[Numpy-discussion] upgrading numpy to 1.3 on ubuntu

John [H2O] washakie@gmail....
Mon Jul 6 16:08:08 CDT 2009

Hello,

I run Ubuntu 9.04 which has python-numpy 1.2 installed through apt-get. I
would like to upgrade to 1.3 in order to be able to use the
scikits.timeseries package. However, I cannot seem to do it using
apt-get/aptitude/synaptic or at least not that I've discovered.

Currently:
python -c "import numpy; print numpy.version.version"
1.2.1

I have been able to manually build and install 1.3, but the problem is, it
only seems to be recognized by my python when I remove python-numpy using
the package manager. Once that is done, then:
python -c "import numpy; print numpy.version.version"
1.3.0

However, the process of removing python-numpy causes many other packages to
be removed as well due to dependencies (matplotlib, scipy, etc...).

What do I have to do to get numpy upgraded?

Thanks in advance!
-john