[Numpy-discussion] Question for David re npy_funcs

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Wed Jul 8 03:58:50 CDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 5:37 AM, Charles R
Harris<charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:
> David,
>
> Should any standard c functions used in loops.c.src be the npy_* version?
> I've been using fabs, but I'm wondering if that should be npy_fabs.

Yes. Although fabs is available on any platform in theory, we should
standardize on using npy_ everywhere (even if the function is
available, we may use a different implementation for the npy_ one
because the original is too buggy).

It would be nice to enforce this, actually.

David