[Numpy-discussion] Problem with ML subscriptions?

Fons Adriaensen fons@kokkinizita....
Wed Jul 8 16:00:25 CDT 2009

On Sun, Jul 05, 2009 at 12:22:37AM +0200, Stéfan van der Walt wrote:

> 2009/7/5 Pauli Virtanen <pav+sp@iki.fi>:
> > [clip]
> >> I subscribed to numpy-discussion almost two days ago.
> >> I do receive messages from the list, but the ones I post
> >> don't appear. I wrote to numpy-discussion-owner@scipy.org
> >> but got no response so far. So it looks that either this
> >> list doesn't want me or there is some other problem.
> >> Anyway it seems impossible to reach the right people.
> >
> > I don't think I am able to help you here. Forwarding this to the ML, so
> > the list admins know.
>
> I've CC'd Peter Wang, who is currently the most knowledgeable about that setup.

Many thanks !

Five days after being subscribed to this list the
situation has not changed.

- My message (send now four times) still doesn't
  appear on the list.

- I don't get any mail bounce messages.

- I don't get any 'your message is waiting to be
  approved by the list moderator' messages,

- I've got no reply at all from anyone in charge
  of this list.

Apparently, whoever is managing numpy-discussion
doesn't care very much about it. So I have no choice
but to unsubscribe and forget about numpy. It would
have been a nice framework for what I want to do -
the messages I've received so far just confirm that.
But with this level of support I'd better look for
an alternative.

Kind regards,

--
Fons Adriaensen

Io lo dico sempre: l'Italia è troppo stretta e lunga.