[Numpy-discussion] Bug in the F distribution?

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Thu Jul 9 02:45:59 CDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 10:39 PM, <alan@ajackson.org> wrote:

>>>On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 10:21 PM, Alan Jackson<alan@ajackson.org> wrote:
>>>>

>>>I don't see any problem here. If you can replicate your results, we
>>>would need more information about the versions.
>>>
>>>Josef
>>>
>>>'''
>>>'1.3.0'
>>>'0.8.0.dev5789'
>>>'''
>>>

>>In [4]: numpy.version.version
>>Out[4]: '1.1.1'
>>In [7]: scipy.version.version
>>Out[7]: '0.6.0'
>>
>>Python 2.5.2 (r252:60911, Oct  5 2008, 19:24:49)
>>
>>Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex
>>
>>Looks like it has been fixed. I guess I'll try out the instructions for
>>upgrading...
>
> I compiled numpy 1.3.0 and it seems to work now.

good, there were several bugfixes in numpy.random in the last year.

Almost all distributions in numpy.random are tested as part of
scipy.stats, although only for some parameter values, and all tests
pass.

Josef