[Numpy-discussion] interpolation in numpy

Thomas Hrabe thrabe@googlemail....
Thu Jul 9 08:42:32 CDT 2009

Hi all,

I am not a newbie to python and numpy, but however, I kinda do not
find a proper solution for my interpolation problem without coding it
explicitly myself.

All I want to do is to increase the resolution of an tree dimensional array.

I have a volume 'a'

a = numpy.random.rand(3,3,3)

now, I would like to expand a to a volume b of size say 10x10x10

I want b to have interpolated values from a. One could think of this
procedure as "zooming" into the volume, similar for images or so.

numpy.interp does such a thing for 1d, but is there such function for 3d, too?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Thomas

FYI: I do not have scipy installed